Friday, February 04, 2011

Take What You Can Get

I had an interesting night last night. The kids came home relatively late (for them), which is always an adventure. Nathan gave me a big smile and big hug when he saw me; 2 minutes later he was screaming and crying, which he pretty much did for the rest of the night. Cora took the opposite approach. She wanted nothing to do with me when she got home and cried (or was on the verge) for most of the bedtime routine. I finally got a good hug from her right before she went to bed. I'll take what I can get.

I don't know which is worse when the kids get in those moods. To be the one they want nothing to do with (you feel bad, but you can also do something else), or to be the one that they need (you're needed, which is nice, but then you have to do all of the work).


This week was supposed to be a rest week of sorts in my training plan. I did rest on Tuesday, but Wednesday we had the big snowstorm, so I spent a good chunk of time shoveling. I worked out last night, but today is another rest day. I'm looking forward to that... definitely too early in the season to be getting tired.

No comments: