Wednesday, July 13, 2011

If It Rains...

Had an interesting week last week. I felt pretty crummy on Wednesday and didn't expect much from my ride. As it turned out, I rode the trainer and had a really good workout. It took me a little while to get warmed up, but once I got going I felt good.

On Thursday, I was looking forward to my ride at Pontiac Lake the whole day. But once I got there, I never got feeling all that good. It just seemed like I was a little out of sync the whole time. Maybe some of it still has to do with integrating the changes I made from the Betterride camp .

Over the weekend, we drove up to Ludington for my cousin's wedding. I put road tires on my 'cross bike and rode that on Sunday. I'd sort of forgotten how many dirt roads are out there. I hit a few bad ones early in my ride. The problem with the dirt roads up there is that they can have sections of deep sand... road tires at 80psi just sink in.

Anyway, once I got back on the paved roads, I had a really nice ride. I found some good hills and good scenery. Lots of open farmland out there. I only hit one more bad sandy road... I almost pushed through it, but not quite. It felt like good cyclocross practice anyway.

On the way home from Ludington, Cora was pretty tired and just chatting / singing to herself. One of the phrases that popped up: "if it rains, take the bus." The kids are always listening...

No comments: