Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Update

I had a pretty busy week last week, which is why I didn't get any blogging done. Unfortunately, while I kept feeling better, I battled my cold for most of the week.


I got things going with a family bike "tour" on the Hart-Montague Trail on July 4. My dad set it all up, and we had a pretty good turnout of family members. My dad, one of my uncles and I rode one way down the rail trail to meet the rest of the family, and then we turned around and went back to the beginning. The first leg was reasonably quick, particularly since I was still getting over my cold, and we had to contend with a small headwind. We took it easier on the way back, and it was a nice ride.


On our drive across the state on Monday, I lost one of my bar end plugs, so the bar tape started coming unraveled. I made a temporary repair with electrical tape, but it looks pretty ghetto. This is not the first time this has happened to me. I need to find a better way to keep the plugs in place, or find some different plugs.


I rode a little bit at home in the middle of the week. It turns out that the issues I was having with the brake drag on my 'cross bike had to do with the brake setup rather than the wheels. I still don't know if the bike has any "snap", because my legs had no snap!


My wife and I took off for our friend's cottage in Canada on Thursday. I finally got over my cold while I was there. I rode Friday and Saturday up there. There are some nice roads along Lake Huron that I knew about and hit again, and this time I also found some nice roads out in the farmland. Too bad I forgot the camera on both rides.

No comments: