Friday, August 25, 2006

Rhino-cross

Wow, it's been a busy week at work. Between that and being back in a Build phase, it's been a tiring week.

I went to the Flying Rhino's track night on Tuesday. This week I took my cyclocross bike and rode with the 'cross group. They set up a little cyclocross course on the infield of the Waterford track. We mixed it up quite a bit, doing different sections, different directions, etc. I felt pretty quick, but I was inconsistent on some of the corners and over the barriers. That should improve with a little more practice though. We ended up riding for about 2 hours, and I was pretty wiped out by the end.

This was also the first time I have done any serious riding with my 'cross bike. I was very happy with the way it handled. My only complaint was that it really beat up my hands, even with gloves on. I think I spent too much time with my hands on the brake hoods. I need to mix up my hand positions a little bit more when I get the chance.

No comments: