Sunday, July 15, 2007

Windy 100

Dad and I rode our first century yesterday. The big story before the ride looked to be the weather. The forecast called for wind (15-20mph) all day and thunderstorms in the afternoon. We got off to a pretty early start (although not quite as early as I wanted). It was pretty windy for most of the ride, but not as bad as I'd feared. The rain also generally stayed away.

We passed the scene of what appeared to be a car/bicycle accident very early in the ride. I looked for some news on that this morning, but I didn't find anything; hopefully everything was OK there. The ride was otherwise pretty uneventful. I was pretty achey in a number of spots by the time we were finished, but I'm feeling pretty good today.

Here are a couple of pictures. Me, waiting for Mom and Dad to arrive.




Dad, after the ride. He doesn't look too tired, does he?


No comments: