Sunday, June 05, 2011

Highland, Finally...

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I've lived in Waterford for 7 years, but I've never ridden at Highland (about 15 minutes away)... until yesterday. I think, because there are no races there, I've never had a specific reason to go.

Anyway, I went yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's definitely a different type of mountain biking than you find on most of the other trails around here. The trail is almost always climbing or falling, and rarely does it go straight up or down, and often those ups and downs are narrow and full of rocks and roots. It was hard for me to find a rhythm at times, but it was fun.


Otherwise, my training has been going well. I never ended up getting strep throat, and I've had a bunch of good rides since my last post. My next race is at Ft Custer next weekend; I'm looking forward to it. My fitness should be the best it's been so far this year, but I don't know the trail at the Fort really well, so it will be interesting to see how I do.

No comments: