Friday, August 05, 2011

Upswing

Seems like I might be back on the upswing. Work was still too crazy this week, but at least I started feeling better on my bike.

I went downstairs Wednesday night to ride the trainer after the kids went to bed, and found that I had a flat tire! Seriously, how do you get a flat tire on a bike that just sits on the trainer? (Answer, it was an old tube and it developed a hole next to the stem.) Anyway, after I fixed the flat, I had a surprisingly good ride. It makes me wonder if my tire was going down last week when I couldn't finish my trainer ride.

Last night I rode with the Rhinos at Holdridge. My legs felt surprisingly good again and I had a lot of fun. Some of the flat pedal technique I've been working on is definitely carrying over to the clipless pedals and I'm riding much better because of it. Life is much better for me when I feel decent on the bike...

I'm racing at Big-M this weekend. I've never been there before, so it should be interesting. People say that it's a hilly, non-technical course. In past years, I would say that this was good for me. This year, I'm not so sure.

2 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Do you ever take your morning heart rate. Its something I do when training and a really good indication of when things are not right with your body like fatigue or infection.

Jez

www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com

Keith said...

Yes, I take my HR every morning. I've noticed it is a good indicator for when I'm getting sick. I haven't noticed any unusual HR's recently though.

Keith