Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good Ride

I had a very good ride last night. It came unexpectedly though. Monday was a day off. On Tuesday, I did an off-bike workout only, but I felt pretty tired and weak through the whole thing. I decided not to worry too much about one bad day and didn't give it much more thought.

Yesterday, I was fired up to ride pretty much as soon as I woke up. It was a little warmer around here, maybe that had something to do with it. I did my ride on the trainer, since it was dark by the time I got started. I felt great, like I could rip the crankarms right off the bike! I distracted myself for quite a while with mental images of destroyed drivetrain parts scattered across my basement (my images looked cooler than the real thing). It was supposed to be an LSD-type ride, and I did a pretty good job keeping myself in check. I burned through my excess energy about half an hour into the ride. After that, it was easier to maintain my pace.

No comments: