Sunday, February 26, 2006

Motivation Dip

Who you callin' a dip?

So, I'm coming off of my second "rest" week of the year. It's not really a week of full rest, but I scale back my riding and other exercise pretty dramatically. Both times now, the result has been that I'm pretty unmotivated by Sunday (therefore, the "motivation dip").

The first time, once I got back into my "normal" routine for a few days, I felt fine again. Hopefully that will happen this time around also. If this is a consistent trend for me, I guess I just need to keep my motivation dip from becoming a motivation hole.

1 comment:

Ashwin Amanna said...

Exact same thing happens to me. I call it negative momentum. The less you ride the harder it is to get back into it. Even though in our heads we want to do it.

The first day back is agony usually and it has to be eased back into. Jumping right in with a hard session is going to hurt, and not be good for confidence.

I've found by the third day back I'm flying. Rest is importance, patience is more important.

This is the same reason why the worst thing you can do is take the day before a race completely off.

Keep it up.