Sunday, May 28, 2006

Head Up!

I did a quick mountain bike ride yesterday at Bald Mtn. I went with my wife, so my pace was a bit slower than normal. It turned out to be a good thing, as it allowed me the opportunity to think a bit more about what I was doing. I'd crashed there earlier this week and I was curious to try it again and see if I could figure out what happened.

Early in the ride, I felt a little sketchy going down a few of the hills (these were little hills too!). That's when I noticed I was only looking about 4 feet in front of me! After noticing that, I started focusing on keeping my head up going down the hills, and I instantly felt much more comfortable. I had been working on looking ahead for (flat) cornering, but not apparently not for descending. Pretty basic stuff, but important.

As a side point, I did something this morning to really tweak a muscle in my upper back. I don't know what it was, but it's really pretty painful.

No comments: