Monday, May 22, 2006

Wrapping Up

I just wrapped up my first week of the Build phase. I didn't follow Friel's recommendation to cut back on weight training, and I felt it this week. I ended up being sore for the first time in quite a while. I altered a couple of the workouts that I had originally planned because I got so worn down. Sometimes doing that is hard on the ego, but I think it's the right thing to do. I was a little surprised that the fatigue hit me in the first week of a block, usually it doesn't catch up to me until the second week. I was pretty busy at work though, and I think that makes a difference.

I did have a nice aerobic ride last night. I left my house around 6:30pm, got back around 8:30pm, and there was still plenty of light. I rode out to a local park that I hadn't visited before and was impressed. It looks like there are some decent cycling roads in that general area, so I'll have to explore a little bit more.

Today was my day off, and I'm feeling pretty decent, so I should be ready to go for this week.

No comments: