Monday, May 01, 2006

Smoked

My legs are pretty smoked today. I had a hard weekend of training. Friday night I did an off-bike anaerobic conditioning drill, courtesy of Ross. Saturday I went out for a ride at PLRA (check out the cool map here). Sunday morning I did an off-bike strength and core workout, and then Sunday afternoon I went out for a 2 hour road ride. For the rest of Sunday, I sat on the couch and watched Star Trek.

The PLRA ride was good. I cleaned a couple sections that I hadn't before, but I'm still having trouble with a couple steep climbs. Both have some technical features immediately preceding them, so it's a difficult for me to maintain momentum to start the climb.

My ride Sunday was also good, but it ended up being harder than I had planned because of the wind. The loop I rode goes around a lake, and it felt like I was battling a headwind about 3/4 of the way around.

Today is a rest day, and I plan to take full advantage of it.

No comments: