Monday, June 19, 2006

Hiking Trip

Since we didn't spend much time on the mountain when we had the bikes, we decided to do a little hiking there instead.

Parts of the trail were pretty steep and rooty.


There was still snow on the ground on the higher parts of the mountain.

View from about halfway up the mountain.

We did have a little trouble following the trail where it cut across a ski run at one point. Clearly, I know where I'm going though.

Coming back down the hill, we saw a few of the more challenging ski runs. This one dropped steeply down a ravine and then made a hard turn into the woods.


Unfortunately, it started raining on our way down the mountain and my knee was getting sore, so we didn't take many more pictures. We did take a shortcut along part of the dowhill (mountain biking) course they used for the 1994 World Cup. The part we walked along wasn't as tough-looking as I expected. I'm sure it is plenty challenging at speed though. We also walked by the entry to the course, which did look tough... really tough. It was extremely steep with lots of big rocks and a sharp turn. I don't think I would even attempt it at my current skill level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Keith!
Where is it great Mountain Bike trail?

SP from Russia!