Monday, June 26, 2006

Rest Day Post

I've noticed that I almost always make a post to the blog on Monday. Why? It's my rest day, so I don't have any workouts to distract me.

I needed the rest day this week too. I did a hard ride out at Bald Mountain on Saturday. Then on Sunday I did 20 miles out at Stony Creek in preparation for the "Marathon XC" race there next Saturday. It's a standard cross-country race, just extra long, 40 miles. Granted, they use a lot of the two-track for the course, but it's still a lot of off-road miles for me. Should be interesting to see how it goes... I figure I'll be OK through the third lap (30 miles), but I'm not sure what will happen on lap 4.

I've been feeling good about my riding lately. I read a post over on Ashwin's blog about how your riding position is never as good as you think it is. It made me check out what I was doing, and I realized that I'd gotten into the habit of riding with my arms in a very stiff position (too much time on the road?). This was, of course, creating all kinds of handling problems for me. On my two rides this past weekend, I really focused on keeping my arms bent and my chest down, and it made a big, big difference.

No comments: