Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Skipped

I decided to skip my ride tonight. For me skipping a ride is always a tough decision requiring lots of justification.

Basically, it came down to this: I've been more-or-less tired since the race, I had to work late tonight and I had very low motivation. If it was week 3 of my training block, I'd probably suck it up and ride anyway, but it's only week 2. If I push now, not only do I potentially wreck this week, I most likely wreck next week too. It's not worth it for one ride.

I think what happened here can be traced back to two weeks ago, my last recovery week. I followed my recovery workout plan, but I didn't do a very good job actually recovering. I was just busy around the house and at work. I could actually feel it the beginning of last week too, I wasn't a fresh as I normally am coming off of a rest week.

Well, it is what it is. Tomorrow should be back to normal. Up early for a strength workout and then a mountain bike ride after work.


Also... a shot of a fellow Rhino at Yankee Springs...

No comments: