Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Toy

The cell phone plan Sarah and I were on recently expired, so we took the opportunity to get new (free) phones when we signed up for the new plan. I decided that I wanted a camera phone this time around, hopefully to make it easier to add a few more pictures to the blog. So far, this is the best I've come up with...



I didn't want to sign up for a data plan for my phone, so I was originally a little worried about how I'd get pictures to my PC. The solution was to get a phone with a micro SD card, that way I can save pictures to the card, then read the card on the PC. No problem so far... except the card is a little hard to pull out of the phone.

I had an interesting ride experience this afternoon. I was ready to tackle a 3 hour ride at Stony Creek. I had just about finished my first lap (about 30 minutes) when I noticed my rear tire was feeling really soft. I stopped and gave it a squeeze... it had obviously lost most of its air. Fortunately, I was only about half a mile away from my car (I had decided not to bring my mini-pump with me, of course). Once I got back to the car and took the tire off, I found the culprit. The plastic rim strip had slid over, leaving the relatively sharp edge of the spoke hole exposed. The rim strip didn't want to be budged, so I called it a day rather than trying to fix it (and end up on the other side of the lake with a flat). Dirt Rag just ran an article about rim strips last month... I remember reading it thinking that I never had trouble with mine.

No comments: