Sunday, September 09, 2007

Race Morning

My race doesn't start until 1pm today, so I'm having a pretty relaxing morning. It rained a bit last night, but it looks like the rest of today should be clear. The rain might actually do the trail some good, it was a little loose this week, so the rain should help firm it up and make it tacky.

I rode about a lap and a half of the course again yesterday. All was going well until I crashed. It was a relatively easy, but fast, section, and I got a little target fixation on a tree. I didn't actually hit the tree, but I sort of had to lay the bike down to miss it. The results was that I landed pretty hard on my right knee. It was really sore last night, but it seems to be better this morning.

Here are a couple pictures I took with my phone. I think the quality is pretty decent (except for my finger partially covering the lens), especially considering that the first one is through a screen door.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at Stoney, although I'm sure you there right now. Stoney isn't my favorite trail, just not much too it. Especially compared to some of the other trails out there (Addisson, Mayburry, etc). I wish we had more trails here in W.Michigan. CSGA closes in 5 days, Yankee Springs is awesome but dangerous in November.

Keith said...

Thanks. As for Stony, the trail that's there is nice, but you're right, there isn't much there. I think maybe only 4-5 miles of singletrack. I like the combination of singletrack and 2-track for racing, but it leaves a bit to be desired for normal riding.

I've only ridden on a few of the West side trails, Fort Custer and Yankee Springs. I really liked them both.