Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 3 Fatigue

“The more I run, the more I want to run, and the more I live a life conditioned and influenced and fashioned by my running. And the more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am.”
- George Sheehan, M.D.

Well, it's about halfway through week 3 of a Build phase for me, and I'm starting to feel the accumulated fatigue. This is normal for me though; the fatigue always sets in at about this time in my Build phases. I need to be a little careful about what I do for the rest of the week now. This is one of the times when you want to overreach a little and train through the fatigue, but you also don't want to go too far and wind up sick.

On Tuesday night, we still had 'cross practice, even though it was cool and raining a bit. Only about 8 people showed up. We set up a short course and most of the people did moderate-paced laps. I put in some harder laps, since Tuesday is usually one of the days I target for more intensity. I made it a little game where I'd sit up and let a big gap open and then I'd see how long it took me to close it down.

Last night I went out to Indian Springs and rode in the park until it got dark, probably an hour and a half. It's getting dark so early now that it's hard to ride after work.

I had planned to do a hard mountain bike ride tonight. It's supposed to rain all day today though, so I may end up riding the trainer. If I'm still feeling tired tonight, I may also end up not riding at all and ride tomorrow instead. It'll all just depend on the weather and how I'm feeling.

No comments: