Saturday, April 25, 2009

First Crash of the Year

Well, I had my first crash of the year today... it was a beaut! I was doing my tight (slow) figure-8 drill in a parking lot, got too close to a curb, decided to grab a handful of front brake while leaned way over (oops!), which had the predictable result of tucking the front wheel under and putting me on the ground. It put a hole in my knee-warmer, scraped up my knee, got road rash on the elbow, and messed up my new pair of gloves. Quite a bit of bodily damage for such a low-speed fall.

Otherwise, I had a great ride. I'm still babying my knee, and it felt good... aside from falling on it. Cornering practice was good again. I also spent some time working on bunnyhopping. Just hopping over lines in the parking lot, curbs, little features on the trail, etc. I made some noticeable improvement, but I'm still inconsistent. I a few really nice hops over the curb though... totally smooth landings.

That is the plan for this year. Keep working on the basics. I can see where this focused practice on the basics will improve my riding. It should be fun to see how I progress.

No comments: