Monday, April 27, 2009

Bunnyhops and Endo's

I rode again on Sunday; I basically did the same stuff that I did on Saturday, except for the crashing. It didn't go nearly as well as Saturday. Mainly, my bunnyhop practice wasn't so good.

On Saturday, I worked through the progression pretty thoroughly. I started with wheelies, then lifting the rear wheel, and then the bunnyhop. On Sunday, I sort of rushed through the first two steps and went straight to hopping. It didn't work so well. My timing was off, and maybe I was overemphasizing the rear wheel lift. Anyway, the result was that my front wheel wasn't really getting up enough... I nearly endo'd over the curb, twice. I definitely need more practice.

I think my knee is doing well. It's a little hard to tell now because it's sore from crashing on Saturday. But, it's a different kind of sore. I'm going to Korea next week for work; I'll do a few more easy rides before then and I'll start training in earnest when I get back. This hasn't been a fun process, but it does seem to be working. I really haven't had any major setbacks.

A couple of other random things:

- So, it turns out that my road frame got damaged in shipment on the way back from Georgia. The head tube is pretty badly dented. I did ensure it, and I'm going through the process of resolving it with UPS. They've been pretty good to deal with so far, but we're not finished yet. I haven't decided what I'll do yet, if I'll try to repair it (it's a steel frame) or do something else.

- I just won an Ebay auction for tubular wheels and tires for my 'cross bike. They should show up while I'm in Korea. The tires aren't my first choice, but I'm hoping I can get through this season on them.

No comments: