Thursday, April 20, 2006

Knee Funk

I did a trail ride on Monday out at Bald Mountain. Unfortunately, the trail still hadn't really dried out; several parts were still very wet and muddy from the winter and/or the rain we got late last week. I ended up bailing out about halfway through the loop and finishing my ride on the roads. Anyway, this trail has a hilly spur right off the bat that I usually take. I should really know better, since my knee gets sore later almost every time I do that. If I take the hilly spur on a second loop, it's no problem, if I do it on the first, I pay for it later. I think I'm just usually not warmed up enough when I get to the hills.

So, here I am, paying for it. My knee started getting sore yesterday at work, and felt bad enough by the time I left that I decided to cancel my ride and workout for the night. Doing that always puts me in a bad mood. Still, I know it's the right thing to do; the only thing that working out or riding yesterday would have accomplished would have been to prolong my soreness.

Today, my knee is much improved; it's still not 100%, but good enough to go on. I finished my strength workout from yesterday a few minutes ago. Everything felt OK, so I'll start my ride in a little while.

Also, I got Ross's new book tonight, Never Gymless. I skimmed through it, and I'll probably post a more detailed review in a few days.

No comments: