Saturday, April 01, 2006

Rollin' on a Donut

I had an interesting night last night. I was heading out to a small party, it was dark and raining heavily. In fact, I had only gone a few miles from home when the rain started coming down hard enough that I really couldn't see anything. I slowed way down, but I hit a pothole (or curb?). I felt one corner of the car drop, it started pulling to the right and was making some bad noises.

I made out a driveway a short distance ahead and pulled off. I sat in the car for a bit, waiting for the rain to slow down. When it did let up a little, I went outside and checked the suspect corner of the car. From the way it sounded, I was expecting to see the wheel pointing in an ugly direction. As it turned out, it just looked like a flat. I changed the tire pretty quickly, but still ended up getting very wet. I drove the couple miles back home, and then took my wife's car to the party, with a little story to tell.



As for my car, there isn't anything visibly wrong with the suspension on that corner, so hopefully it's still OK. I'll put a standard wheel and tire on today or tomorrow, then I'll be able to get a better feel for any other damage.

No comments: