Saturday, October 14, 2006

Home Again

I'm back at home again. My trip to Germany was pretty brutal. I didn't sleep well on the plane over, and only slept a few hours a night on Monday and Tuesday night. I was very tired for most of the trip. I did sleep through the night Wednesday, and was able to come home on Thursday, which was earlier than I expected.

My knee has been sore most of the week, not because of any overuse sort of thing, but because I was careless lifting weights. I was doing some snatches last Sunday with a 35lb dumbbell, and I swung it into the inside of my knee. It dropped me to the floor for about a minute. I was not a happy camper. I've got a pretty deep bruise now. It doesn't seem to be affecting my riding, but my knee is still sore to the touch.

I did a short ride on the trainer last night. It's been unusually cold and windy here since I've gotten back, we've even got a little bit of snow. I'll ride outside today though; I haven't decided if I want to do a road ride or mountain bike. Mountain biking may be more comfortable with the wind. I was going to do the Saturday AM ride with the Rhinos, but I slept right through it. With the week I had, getting the extra sleep was probably more important.

A couple of interesting links:

- Ashwin finding motivation from Mr. T... whatever works I guess
- Landis outlines his defense
- Tigers are one game away from the World Series!

Ashwin's blog entry was particularly timely, as I was having similar issues before I left last week. I had been thinking about what I was going to do in the "off-season", and had gotten to where I was more focused on that than I was on the rest of my season. The trip seems to have done me some good in that regard at least.

No comments: