Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hines Park TT - 2007

I did a road time trial out at Hines Park this morning. This was the Michigan State Championship event, and it was a 40km TT rather than the 20km TT I did last year. I wasn't really expecting too much going into it, my plan was to treat it basically like a hard workout.

I started pretty well, maybe went out just a little too hard (the start was slightly downhill), but I settled into my pace pretty quickly . We had nice weather temperature-wise, but it was a little windy in spots. The wind was really getting to me for the last 15k or so. Since this race was longer, I had more trouble staying comfortable in the drops (I only have drop bars, no aero bars); I tried to only get out of the drops on the slight climbs, but I'm sure I still paid an aero penalty for this. I think for next year, I'll at least get some clip-on aero bars.

So, I finished just under 1:15 (about 19.9 mph). I was shooting for a 1:13, but, given the wind, I wasn't too disappointed. The preliminary results they had posted showed me beating at least 2 guys, although I don't know if everyone was in yet.

No comments: