Sunday, June 17, 2007

Skidding and Sore

I found a cool set of "how-to" mountain bike videos here. Turns out that one of the best ones is the Skidding video. Most books tell you to find a dirt road to get a feel for your tires sliding. I haven't really had much success finding a suitable road out here though. This video provides a clever alternative: they practice skidding/sliding on wet pavement. This is pretty easy to find (or make)! So, next time it rains, I'll be out on a bike with slick tires (and platform pedals I think) sliding around!

On a different note, I've been staying off the bike this weekend while I'm battling a saddle sore. It's pretty amazing that something so small can be so painful. Still, I think this is the right approach, I don't need to be riding a lot this week, and I'd rather not risk this thing turning into something nastier.

I did get some running in both days this weekend and a strength workout this morning. I felt really good running this morning, which was a nice surprise.

No comments: