Monday, June 08, 2009

The Poto

I did some nice rides over the weekend:

Saturday, Sarah and I went to the club's beginner ride at Bald Mountain. It was the first time Sarah had ridden her mountain bike on a trail in a couple of years. It went pretty well, but she was pretty tired after we were done.

Yesterday, I went over to the Poto for a group ride. I've only been there twice before (over a period of about 5 years), and I made a spectacular wrong turn getting there, so I was late. No one else was in the lot when I arrived, so I figured the group had already left (actually, everyone else was even more late than me!). I ended up riding by myself, but I actually had a really nice ride. I did about 4 long, moderately hard efforts, and went pretty easy in between.

Once again, I felt like my riding was much better than last year, particularly when the trail was relatively open (so I could see where I was going).

I'm planning to do my first race of the year this weekend at Ruby Campground. I've never ridden there before, so I have no idea what to expect. I feel like my riding skills are higher than last year, but my fitness is lower. That's part of the reason I wanted to ride with the group yesterday, to gage my overall speed. Anyway, Sarah and I are going over to Ruby on Saturday to pre-ride the course, and then we'll camp there Saturday night. It should be a fun weekend.

No comments: