Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Has Arrived?

Well, it looks like Spring has finally come to Michigan. The weather has been nice this week. I rode outside on Wednesday night for the first time in several weeks. I was very comfortable in a long-sleeved jersey and jacket; it got a little cool at the end when the sun started going down. I'm hoping that the weather stays decent so I can do a long ride outside tomorrow.

I'm nearing the end of the second week of the training block that was interrupted earlier this month by my Oklahoma trip. I got through two weeks before, and then was gone for a week; so I started over again. So, essentially, I'm now almost back to where I left off. There is a huge difference in the way I feel though. When I was at this same point a few weeks ago, I was worn out and very irritable (my wife can vouch for this!). This time through, I still have a lot of energy and my mood is generally good. Granted, it should be a little easier the second time around since I should have gotten some training effect from the first time. However, I think the big difference is that my stress level from work is much lower now than it was a few weeks ago. I'm not exactly sure what I should do with this information, but it's been interesting to see the difference.

No comments: