Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Home, For Now

I'm back home from Alaska now. Sorry that the blogging took a nosedive before I left (and since I've been back). I had some very busy days right before the trip, lots of work and a little birthday celebration.


I'll make a separate post about it, but the trip to Alaska was great. Here's a teaser...



I stayed reasonably active on the trip, but I still feel slow and out of shape now. I got home very early Saturday morning. I didn't ride Saturday; I took care of some housework instead. I put in about 1:45 on the bike Sunday; it felt OK, but not great. No riding last night either, but I should be able to get a good ride in tonight.


At the end of this week, I'm heading to West Virginia. I'm tempted to bring a bike, but I don't know if I'll really have much opportunity to ride. I should probably do it... Next Monday I'm heading off to Germany for the week (hopefully it's only one week), and I'm expecting that it will be an unpleasant trip.


I was planning to race again on the 25th, but, with all my traveling, I won't have much solid riding in between now and then. I'll make a decision about it at the end of this week once I see how it goes.

No comments: