Monday, August 20, 2007

The Rainy Season

It's apparently the rainy season in Michigan right now. It rained almost the entire day today and yesterday. My grass needed it, but since it was last mowed before I left for Germany, now it's long enough that Suzie is getting lost out there!

I had a cycling first for me tonight on the trainer. I was getting near the end of the No Slackers Spinervals DVD, and I threw up a little. I told Sarah after the ride; for some reason, she thought it was gross... whatever. I'm pretty pleased with myself though. I suppose, in reality, it had more to do with me being a bit out-of-shape rather than going super hard.

I was looking at my race schedule a bit tonight; I'm looking forward to being able to focus on riding a little more than I've been able to for the past month. It looks like I've only got one mountain bike race left for the season (!) unless I feel really good this week and decide to race on Saturday; we'll see how this week goes. After that, I start the cyclocross season. The Rhinos started 'cross practice two weeks ago. I'm not planning to go tomorrow night (if it's a dry night, the lawn will be calling), but I'll start going next week.

No comments: