Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Will My Pants Still Fit?

So, the question is, at the end of this hypertrophy phase (pronounced, by the way, hi-PURR-tra-fee), will my legs still fit into my pants? OK, maybe my legs aren't getting quite that big, but I am responding pretty well to the lifting, and I still have almost two weeks to go. I also credit my Paleo nutrition plan for the way my body is responding.


Still, this phase is hard work, especially after doing a real job all day, even if it is a desk job. Last night I was feeling especially beat down.


I expected hockey to go badly on Sunday night, but I felt surprisingly good. I was able to skate hard until the last 15 minutes or so. I also scored a couple goals and had several other good chances. From the sport psychology standpoint, I changed my goals for the skate slightly before I went, and I wonder if that was more effective? Maybe always changing goals a little bit is better than using the same ones over and over again? It sort of makes sense.

No comments: