Monday, May 25, 2009

Yosemite

I haven't posted about this yet, but I have a cool trip coming up this July. I'm heading out to California for a few days to visit with my old college roommates. While we're there, we're going to Yosemite National Park to do some hiking. I've not been there before, but Yosemite looks awesome from the pictures.


Unfortunately, the only weekend we could all get together conflicts with a mountain bike race I was planning to do; so I'll miss yet another one. We're planning to do enough hiking that I want to physically prepare for it. I'm not concerned about my fitness, but I am concerned about my knees and feet (blisters). So, to prepare, I want to start taking longer walks / hikes in the shoes and socks I plan to use. I will probably also resume running a little bit.

As the trip gets a little closer, this preparation will end up taking time away from riding my bike. I'm basically OK with that. I do want to enjoy my trip because these opportunities don't come up too often. The side benefit of the walking so far has been that the whole family can do it: my wife and I walk, and my daughter and my dog ride...

No comments: