Monday, January 14, 2008

Down and Out in Boston

I made a quick trip to Boston over the weekend. I never quite got feeling good last week, and it finally caught up to me Friday night. Sarah and I were in Boston for her brother's wedding. We woke up early on Friday to catch a 6:30am flight out of Flint. I actually felt decent during the day on Friday, but as I was going to bed (relatively late) Friday night, I started to feel my nose filling up.

Saturday morning when I woke up, I had a full blown cold. I was pretty miserable all day Saturday (including for the wedding, yay!). I slept for a good chunk of Saturday afternoon; it helped a little, but not enough. I felt a little better yesterday, but still not too good. I got to bed early last night, which helped convince me to go to work this morning.

I was a little torn this morning. The bike racer in me wanted to stay home and go back to bed, but the guy with the day job in me decided it would be better to go to work. I was OK for a while, but at some point I decided to just finish what I had to finish today and then go home. Still, I didn't end up leaving until around 1pm.

I've just been lounging around since I got home. I watched Off Road to Athens for the first time. I thought it was great! Definitely a must-watch for any mountain bike racer. I don't know if it's because I was sick or what, but it got me teared up a couple times.

Anyway, I'm off to bed once I finish typing this. At a minimum, I need to get feeling better by next week, when I start my Base phase for 2008. Ideally, I'd like to get feeling better sooner and get some quality days in this week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: