Friday, January 25, 2008

Quick Week

It's been a very busy week, so I haven't had much time for blogging. It seems like all I do is eat, work, eat, train, eat, sleep... repeat. The big changes this week have been increasing back to a more "normal" training volume, cleaning up my diet and being more concious about getting to sleep on time (or early!). Some days, it doesn't leave a lot of time for other things, but those are the sacrifices I choose to make.

From a training point-of-view, it's been a good week. I've put in a decent amount of time in the garage working on very low speed balance and bike-handling stuff. So far, my favorite drill has been riding through a 4-cone slalom. I space the cones out at about wheelbase-length, then try to get through without letting either tire hit a cone. The tricky part is not letting your back tire hit the middle couple cones; your balance has to be good to go slow enough to do this. I think to go tighter than wheelbase-length, you may need to stop and hop a wheel to the side...

I got a nice run in on Wednesday night. It was dark, snow was falling, and the streets were basically empty. I took a picture with my phone, it probably didn't turn out well, and took my GPS. I'll try to post that stuff later.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for tomorrow. I'm supposed to do a 2hr ride, but it's going to still be cold in the morning. I'm supposed to go to a diaper class with Sarah in the afternoon. (Who knew there was such a thing as diaper class?) I just hate to do long rides on the trainer.

No comments: