Sunday, January 06, 2008

Not Quite Right

This week sort of ended up being a bust for my training. I just wasn't feeling quite right for most of the week. I never actually got sick, but I didn't really feel healthy either. I had a sore throat off and on, and sometimes a cough (felt like it was coming from the upper part of my lungs). Sarah was sick for most of the week too. So, I decided to play it safe and not do too much.

I finally got feeling a bit better yesterday, so I did a pedaling technique workout on the trainer. It also put me on the board for our 2008 POTATOES challenge (it's like the 2007 edition, but we're "riding" from Pentwater, MI to Murfreesboro, TN). This morning, I did Ross's "Magic 50" workout; hockey starts up again tonight also.

I'm getting ready to start my winter bike overhauls. It's a good time of year to really get everything clean, replace worn out components, etc. I was thinking about rebuilding my suspension fork myself, but I was having trouble finding all of the right rebuild parts. Just by chance, I checked Push Industries' website and found that they now rebuild RockShox Reba forks (I think that they used to only work on Fox forks). Their rebuild price is pretty reasonable, close to what I would have paid for the components, oil, etc. So, I'll probably have them go ahead and have them do it.

No comments: