Saturday, March 18, 2006

Back from Oklahoma

I got back from a week long business trip to Oklahoma last night. It was a pretty decent trip, just a bit long and tiring. I had a full schedule every day except yesterday. The weather was nice the whole time I was down there, in the 60's and 70's and sunny. It was a bit of a shock to come back to 30 and 40 degree weather in Michigan. At least it wasn't snowing.

A girl sitting next to me on one of my flights home asked if I was skipping school to travel. Nice to know at 28 that I can still pass for a college student.

I managed to fit in a 30 minute workout every day I was gone. I don't know if that made up for all of the sitting around and massive dinners though, probably not. We went to a steak place one night (they literally only sold steak), and the smallest one was one and a half pounds. It was 1-3/4 inches thick! The German guys that we were entertaining were blown away (so was I) but also happy to have a big American steak. I probably ate more red meat this past week than I usually eat in a month.

I came home to find a DVD of Newsradio - Season 3 waiting for me. This is one of my favorite shows, and this particular season has some of the best episodes of the series.

So, last night, I watched a little Newsradio. I'll get back on the bike later today. It will be interesting to see how I feel after 5 days off the bike.

No comments: