Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Old Guy?

I played hockey again last night. This one was a drop-in session at a (sort of) local rink. It turned out that we had 9 skaters and 2 goalies. So, we played 4-on-4 mostly, or 3-on-4 once people started getting a little more tired. It wasn't terribly late for adult ice time (9:15 to 10:35pm), but it was late enough that I'm draggin' this morning. I also had a small headache this morning, from being dehydrated I think.

So, I don't usually feel too old when I do stuff like this, but this group seemed really young. There was one guy who was probably in his 40's, then me, and then everyone else looked to be college-aged, maybe even some guys still in high school? We also had a girl out there who plays college hockey. I was probably up there with the best of them in terms of conditioning, but my skating and puck-handling skills were still pretty rusty. I was never as good as some of these youger guys were though.

Still, I had a good time, and I'm planning on playing on this Wednesday night session for at least the rest of this month. I also got invited back to the Sunday night game for this week with the guys I played with before Thanksgiving. I expect to play considerably better this time around.

No comments: