Monday, January 29, 2007

We Now Return...

... to your regularly scheduled workout.

OK, not really. Today was supposed to be a day off, but I've had so many days off this past week with my cold, I decided I needed to do something today. I went down to the basement and went 8 10x10 rounds with the ol' bag. It was rough... I can tell I haven't been doing much lately.

This week is the last week of my Preparation phase, next week I start into Base. Reading other guys' blogs, it seems like I'm really behind in my schedule, but I guess it doesn't matter. My schedule is my schedule. I'm set up to peak for the Stony TT at the end of July and then again near the end of the MTB season and the beginning of 'cross season.

I tore my 'cross bike almost entirely down yesterday and built it back up. The headset had gotten pretty sticky, so that's what got me going on it. It turns out that there was a bunch of water trapped in the frame (from a race or a cleaning, I don't know), and when I hung the bike from its rear wheel in the garage, the water all collected at the headset... not good. I cleaned everything up and re-greased it; it seems to be pretty smooth again now.

I need to do the same with my road bike...

No comments: