Friday, March 30, 2007

Busy Week

It's been a busy week. I've been working hard at work and staying busy at home. I've been pushing to get my mountain bike rebuilt before today, and I finally finished it up last night.

I woke up at 4:45am again this morning for my Friday strength workout. Both times I've done it, this week and last week, I've been really fired up and ready to go in the morning. I think a lot of it has to do with knowing that Friday is the beginning of the "meat" of my weekly training. I've got 2 of my 3 strength workouts and about 70% of my riding hours between Friday and Sunday. It probably doesn't hurt that Friday is the last day of the work week too...

I took the bike out to Stony Creek for its inaugural dirt ride tonight. The idea was to hit the hills on the two-track for my "Moderate Hill" workout; I also rode some of the singletrack. The new bike worked pretty well, it seemed to go where I pointed it a bit better than the old bike. I think the combination of the longer top tube and shorter stem also made it feel a bit more stable on the descents. I'll need to ride it a bit more to get a good feel for it though.

I'm heading over to my parents' house this weekend to visit. If the weather is OK, my dad and I will no doubt get some good road riding in; even if it's not OK, we probably still will. Should be fun.

No comments: