Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tire Guy

Not too much interesting going on around here. I've been putting together the details of my training plan for the next block; I'm still in the Base phase. I'm planning to test this weekend, it's always interesting to see how that goes.

I've sort of decided that I should get a little more serious about picking my mountain bike tires and setting pressures. I had some experience last year that showed me the difference in performance that picking the right tires and pressure can make, but I didn't really do anything with it. I pretty much just ran a "most-conditions" tire at a pressure I knew worked and left it alone. While that approach is fine for just riding, it's not the way to go as fast as possible during a race. So, I'm going to be doing a little experimenting with different tires and pressures in different conditions and see if I can't get going a little faster.

My first race is in about a month now, the Yankee Springs Time Trial. I haven't ridden out there yet, but it's supposed to be a nice trail. I probably won't be in great racing shape for this one, but it will be good to get out there again.

No comments: