Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fired Up!

My motivation to race has been very high this week. It started Tuesday morning, I was just fired up on my way into work thinking about the race this weekend. I've pretty much been like that ever since. That's one of the nice things about the Race phase; the reduced training volume leads to pretty high motivation.

I did some nice hard workouts on the trainer tonight and Tuesday night. Last night, I got out and did a little backyard cyclocross practice before it got dark, and I also went for a short run. I've been revisiting my Chi Running book, so I was focusing on technique on my run. My calves are a little tight today, but not too bad. I was planning to run again tomorrow night, but unless my calves are fully recovered, I'll skip it to make sure I feel good for the race.

No comments: