Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Still Fired Up

“If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a board and knock me down, because that means I didn’t run hard enough.”
- Steve Jones

It hasn't taken me long to get fired up for the Waterford race, it hit me driving home from work last night. Another wave hit me last night before bed and I had trouble falling asleep. Too bad I have to wait two weeks! I really want to crack the top 3 at this race. I know it will depend on who shows up, but I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen. The key for me will be to stay with the lead group for the whole first lap and make that first selection. Then I'll have to figure out how to stay there...

I'm sitting in 3rd place right now for the overall series, but, assuming the fast guys show up at Waterford, I probably won't keep it. The most likely scenario is that I'll drop to 4th or 5th overall.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about who shows up or how well they race, so I'm just going to really focus on getting myself ready for the next two weeks. After that, the season's over and I can take a break.

I'm heading down to Georgia this evening for the week. Once we get down there, it should be pretty relaxing. I'll try to do a hard run on Thursday, but that'll be about it. I was up at 4am to ride this morning before work; I was definitely not recovered from the race and hockey on Sunday.


Also, a picture from Steve Balogh from the Munson race...



1 comment:

Curt said...

Good job this weekend. I am looking forward to waterford also. Too bad it is the last one.