Saturday, November 10, 2007

Running Article

I had a nice ride out at Pontiac Lake this morning. It was the first time I've ever cleaned the whole trail. There were a couple of steep climbs near the end of the trail that I've had trouble with. I really committed to making the first one today, but once I made the first one, I knew I had to make the second one.

Once I came home, I did a little cyclocross practice in the backyard. I felt like my barrier and remounting techniques were a little sloppy last weekend. I worked a bit on shouldering the bike for runups too. It's something that I seem to be doing more and more this year. The shouldering motion is a little slower than suitcasing or pushing the bike, but I feel like running with the bike shouldered is much more efficient. The key for me today was finding the right spot to grab the downtube so that my elbow didn't bang into the seat tube.


I ran across an interesting article about the state of distance running in the US. He cover, among other things: barefoot running, nasal breathing and anaerobic training.

1 comment:

Thinnmann said...

That Raucci article is great! All runners should read it and incorporate barefoot running into their routine!