Saturday, November 24, 2007

Georgia

I came back from Savannah, Georgia this afternoon. I had a nice trip visiting some of Sarah's family this week. I kept the diet pretty clean and got lots of sleep, so I'm feeling pretty good today.

The weather was nice, mid-70's most of the time. The city of Savannah is pretty cool, there are lots of nicely restored buildings and squares. We poked around the city some on Wednesday. I went for a run Thursday morning. Since I wanted an anaerobic effort, I did sprint intervals for about 20 minutes. On Friday, Sarah and I went on a kayak tour. It was quite a bit different than the kayaking we did in Alaska. We had to contend with a lot more wind and current on Friday; I had fun paddling through the waves though.

It was a little disappointing to come home to some snow, but the weather was good enough to ride. Unfortunately, it was dark by the time I was ready, so I rode the trainer. I'm planning to ride outside tomorrow for a while. I need to drill 'cross skills for a little while anyway.

Here's a familiar-looking guy enjoying his race at Munson:


(Photo: Andrea Tucker)

No comments: