Thursday, November 08, 2007

Peaking

This week I'm continuing to work on peaking for my last two races. Basically, I'm doing hard rides every other day and taking the other days off. I'm trying to keep the hard days really hard and the easy days pretty easy. I think one of my mistakes last year was not going hard enough on the hard days during the Peak and Race phases.

My ride on Tuesday was just OK (I probably wasn't quite recovered from the races last weekend), but I felt pretty good tonight. Unfortunately, it gets dark so early now that I'm having to do these rides on the trainer. I'll try to do some riding outside this weekend though.


Here's an update on Rasmussen's TdF scandal. He now admits to lying about his whereabouts to the UCI, but he still claims that he didn't dope. I probably wouldn't have linked to the article, but there's an interesting table at the end showing his hematocrit and hemogloblin levels.

No comments: