Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rest Day

Yesterday's rest day wasn't as restful as I'd hoped. We had a pretty decent little snowstorm in the afternoon, so I scrambled around trying to get Sarah's snow tires on her car. She had to go back out and coach last night. Of course, the tires had leaked a bit over the summer, so they all had about 20psi in them... definitely not enough. After I got that wrapped up, I shoveled the driveway. I probably didn't need to, but I wanted to keep it from icing up today.

I guess it really wasn't too bad, but I would have rather just lounged around instead. I was in bed by 8:30pm. I'm not sure that I'm fully recovered today, but I'll do a hard ride tonight anyway... it's my last week after all.

I'm considering the possibility of a snowy race this weekend. I expect that the snow we have now will melt by Sunday, but you never know. Right now, they're also predicting that it will snow on Sunday. The recommendations I've found are to run tire pressures low in the snow... so, I'll probably stick with my normal pressure of 30psi.

I ended up riding in the snow a bit this past Sunday. I didn't have any traction issues, but I was generally taking corners pretty easy. The big thing I noticed was that braking was much worse. I think it was taking several wheel revolutions for the pads and rim to clean up. I didn't shift much, but that may also be an issue.

No comments: