Thursday, March 26, 2009

Injured

Well, the ride at Stony last night was pretty disasterous. I felt really good for the first 20 minutes or so, then I hit the little hill back on the Nature Center spur and my knee started hurting again. By the time I exited the spur a few minutes later, I had decided I needed to call it quits for the day, so I just soft-pedaled back to the car.

So, I decided that I'm officially "injured" now, and I need to respond accordingly. I also decided that I wasn't going to feel bad about it, because there's really no point. I doubt that Lance Armstrong is wasting time feeling bad about his broken collarbone. He's probably focused on doing what he can to stay fit and thinking about his next race.

I may try to get on the trainer and do some very short and very easy spins in the next few days, but I don't plan to try to really ride until I go to Georgia. Even there, I plan to take it pretty easy. Fortunately, it should be ideal knee-recovery training ground there... warm and dead flat.

No comments: