Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trainer Madness

I've started my Aerobic Endurance phase with a little trainer madness. I rode 2.5 hours easy on the trainer on Sunday. It was kind of cold and rainy, so I didn't want to go out. I watched Miracle; it's a good movie for the trainer, gets you fired up.

On Tuesday, I'd hoped to ride outside, but it was still raining. It wasn't terribly cold, so I probably would have been OK riding, but it wouldn't have been very fun. I rode the trainer again (another 2.5 hours), and watched some Stargate SG-1. My knee got a little achey around the 2 hour mark. I got off and stretched for a minute, and it was fine for the rest of the ride.

I'd wanted to ride yesterday (a little cold and windy, but sunny!), but my knee was kind of achey all day, so I decided not to ride at all. I spent a few minutes working on figure-8 drills in the driveway, and then I went to bed early.

So, today, my knee feels fine, and there's no rain in the forecast. The only bad part... it's going to be a cold ride tonight. It's not supposed to make it to 30F this afternoon/evening, and it's not particularly sunny either. I packed a lot of clothes with me, so hopefully I'll be OK.

No comments: