Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sick

So I've had a cold for a few days now. I went home early from work on Tuesday, which actually helped a lot. I just spent the afternoon on the couch, switching between sleeping, reading and watching TV... mostly sleeping though. I felt a little better yesterday, and much better today. We'll see how I hold up as the day goes on. I haven't done any kind of exercise since Sunday night.

I reread some of Thomas Prehn's "Racing Tactics for Cyclists", it got me thinking about efficiency during races, and how I kept getting dropped on the Thursday night ride last year.

I've been thinking about mountain biking technique again too, re-watching my Fluidride video, reading Lee Likes Bikes and watching him do the figure-8 drills. It's amazing how smooth these guys are.


Think you're really leaning that bike over? Think again...

(from Leelikesbikes.com)

The more I race, the more I come to realize that my main problem is not fitness (although, more fitness never hurts). What I mostly need to do is keep improving my riding technique, and keep learning how to use my energy more efficiently. Improving that would have a big impact...

No comments: