Sunday, March 15, 2009

Long Ride

I got in a decent 3 hour ride yesterday morning. I wish I could have waited until a little later in the day when it was warmer, but it wasn't too bad.

The first hour was sprint intervals. I found them a little tougher on the road than on the trainer. I think you end up cheating a little on the trainer when you get started because there's some wheel slip. The tires don't slip on the road, and it's tough to get goin in a big gear; I had to back off 2-3 cogs on the road to get started in a reasonable time. These intervals also seem hard on my knees. This time, they left my right knee a little sore... usually my left knee will bother me if anything does, so it's a little weird.

Anyway, I did the sprint intervals in a quiet neighborhood close to my house, and then I went on the road for the rest of my ride. I rode out to Indian Springs and back. It was good to be out on the road and to have the change in scenery.

Today, my right knee is still a little sore. I had planned a short ride for today, and I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. I'm leaning toward no... I'll still play hockey tonight though. It's most important that I get it feeling better so that I can go at it again next week.

This, by the way, was exactly what I was worried about with this Morris Endurance phase. I didn't do very much riding while in the lifting phases, so I was concerned that my body wouldn't be ready to jump into the longer rides, especially in the relatively cold weather. Apparently, it's not. If I want to do this again next year, I'll have to find a way to ride a little more prior to this phase.

A couple random pictures from my phone...


No comments: