Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wheelies


I'm beginning a new training block today. Actually, it began yesterday, but it started with a day off, so it doesn't really feel like it's started.


At the end of last season, I identified two main (physical) weaknesses in my racing. The first was that I couldn't develop sufficient power on flat open sections. After my test day last weekend, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm doing the right things to improve this area.


The second weakness is technical mountain biking skills. I don't think this is as big of a weakness as my power issue, but maybe it's just not as obvious when I'm getting shelled in the singletrack as it is out in the open. I think I'm going to start putting in some of my longer rides in on the trail, even if they are supposed to be LSD-type rides, I'll just have to take it easy on the climbs.


I spent about half an hour tonight in the driveway working on trackstands and wheelies. I'm sure the neighbors were impressed. Anyway, it was pretty fun.

1 comment:

Ashwin Amanna said...

If you can swing it, get some skills training with a pro. I did it and it's really starting to pay off.